Build recipe 91 IC truck

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Build recipe 91 IC truck

Postby flyin6 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:18 am

dazedandconfused wrote:Joined over there finally. What's with all of the questions you have to answer each time you post? That's a pain in the butt.

Andy,

What questions?
Some glitch I don't know about?
Only thing that is different about my site is that you register then get 3 weeks. After that it requires you to join as a paying member, $20 a year or $50 for a lifetime membership...Is that what it is asking? I mean, I'm not the I.T. guy so I'm in the dark here.

We do the pay thing because I don't do the advertising thing. I don't do the advertising because I want to keep the site clean, after all, it's sort of a Christian site. Advertisers want to advertise all sorts of what I consider bad stuff, and I'm not going there.

When I get a bunch bigger, I'll be able to pick and choose who gets to advertise and make demands on them. Until then I have to pay for everything out of my pocket, hence the membership dues. I don't like charging anything, but it is that or I just pay it all myself. Maybe I will, undecided at the moment.
1991.5 RCLB 7" lift, 1" body lift, P-pump motor, cut delivery valves, 4K spring, ARP, 3.54, Sterling axle Lock Rite, 6" skyjacker 37" MTR's recentered HMMV wheels. Traction bar, boxed in frame, Hydro assist brakes, dual batteries, elec air pump, lift pump, extra filter, 3-piece manifold, Diamond 4", 4" driveshaft, X-over steering, isspro tach, EGT, boost, and more...
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dazedandconfused » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Its not doing it now. When I first registered it made you type in the 1st presidents name, ocean name and a few other questions before it would post.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby flyin6 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:59 pm

dazedandconfused wrote:Its not doing it now. When I first registered it made you type in the 1st presidents name, ocean name and a few other questions before it would post.

Yep...That's normal. Anti-spammer stuff

Prevents robots from getting any further...

Sounds like a sci-fi story, not logging into a web site!
1991.5 RCLB 7" lift, 1" body lift, P-pump motor, cut delivery valves, 4K spring, ARP, 3.54, Sterling axle Lock Rite, 6" skyjacker 37" MTR's recentered HMMV wheels. Traction bar, boxed in frame, Hydro assist brakes, dual batteries, elec air pump, lift pump, extra filter, 3-piece manifold, Diamond 4", 4" driveshaft, X-over steering, isspro tach, EGT, boost, and more...
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby flyin6 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:16 am

Build update:

The Transfer case is finished with all new parts and the HD bearing retainers. I painted it white along with the transmission so it will show any leaks and be easier to checkout in that dark tunnel area.

The front Dana 60 is rebuilt. I retained the stock 3.54 gears but added a Yukon Zip (Air) locker and upgraded the axles to 35 spline on all 4 corners. Everything else was already rebuilt with new knuckle bearings bottom and brass bushings on the top. I have the new Yukon manual hubs but have a fitment issue at present which I am trying to work through.

The axle is remounted and most of the front suspension is installed along with the longer 52" Chevy springs, HD shackle bushings and Jungle's front mount. I welded in a set of adjustable upper shock mounts from Ruff-Stuff and will likely build a custom shock when the time comes.

All four wheels/tires are mounted and the engine and transmission is assembled with all new parts, a billet flywheel, low stall converter, rebuilt starter, and new everything else.

I boxed in the frame from the front of the truck all the way back to the transmission crossmember, and the engine will go back in very shortly.

I ordered 64" long Silverado rear springs which are 64" long to replace the 52" stockers and I have a shackle flip kit to reposition things so that I might be able to eliminate or reduce the rear block height.

With all that going on, I have a pretty full plate with this truck, but have a strong desire to see it sitting there with the fenders back on!
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby flyin6 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:32 pm

I don't even know where to start...

So much has been done to that truck since the last post here...

Well, it's a truck. body panels and grill are all in. Several louver were cut into the fenders and hood to exhaust hot air. I added a hydraulic filter, extra battery, aft electrical panel, wired an electrical switch panel in the overhead tray, got the interior mostly installed, have the motor all hooked up, suspension all in tires/wheels, custom things I built and lights and on and on

Currently building the front bumper

It's here:

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival ... 00.new#new
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dazedandconfused » Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 pm

It looks good.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby VanillaGorilla » Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 am

Wow, you are not kidding around with that thing
93 Reg cab LE 4x4 518AT, 145k and counting, pump turned up,Internal pump mods, Denny T stage 2, non IC DV's, timing bumped up, BD 40hp injectors,BHAF and me-built mandrel bent CAI,4" turbo back, Holley lift pump, new white with gold paint job, recieving more mods to tow the Duster and push this stupid WI snow.
VanillaGorilla
fuel screw!!!!

Postby flyin6 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 pm

VanillaGorilla wrote:Wow, you are not kidding around with that thing

Nope!

It's quite the build as I continue to turn one of these excellent 1st gen trucks into my concept of a survival vehicle.

It will continue to get more aggressive looking now that I am at the point of adding the bumpers and rock rails and side armor and things like that

It's been one fun build for sure.

I'll make a prediction that this truck ends up at some event somewhere, perhaps SEMA as a "how-to" demonstrator for this new way/purpose of building trucks
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ofelas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:54 am

Interesting build :thumleft:
R12 = liquid bilit
ofelas
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to The good stuff