Help me please

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Help me please

Postby 1993W250Ram » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 am

Hi guys,

I have a 1993 W250 that I am getting ready to do a Getrag 5 speed swap into from Auto. The problem is that the 5 speed trans is from a 2WD truck and mine is 4X4. I need to know what all I really need to do as I have read several different things from several different people on this. Can I use a 29 to 23 spline coupler? Do I need to cut off the threads on the output shaft to allow the transfer case to go onto the trans? do I need to modify my drive lines? Do I need a different cross member? Do I need extra support on the fire wall for the clutch pedal? Will the reverse work? Do I just ground the neutral lock? There are so many questions I need answered and I was hoping somebody on here who has actually done it might give me a call so I can create a list of items that need to be done and the sequence that they need to be done. If someone can help me please contact me at 919-945-4021. Thanks guys and God Bless!
1993 Gen 1 Single Cab 4X4 CUMMINS, wheels, Fuel pin, custom paint, Immaculate Rollin Coal!
1993W250Ram
fuel pin?

Re: Help me please

Postby simplysmn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:56 pm

you would have to swap main shaft and find a 4x4 tail housing along withcross member and everything to mount it into truck . there is more too it then just a cut and weld lot more involved to the swap . send me a E mail I will Point you in the right direction

simplysmn@aol.com

Val
simplysmn
fuel screw!!!!

Return to The good stuff