2nd gen radiator/intercooler

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

2nd gen radiator/intercooler

Postby flyin6 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:06 pm

The Square D project is moving right along
I decided the power requirements for the vehicle were not consistent with the VE pump motor, so I had a P-Pump engine built for me with a lot of goodie parts to make 500-600HP
That motor now sits on an engine stand in the garage awaiting a suitable transmission.
I managed to pick up a 1995 aluminum alternator with plastic end tanks which weighs maybe half what that big brass stocker weighs and is about 9" wider. It is just as thick (2.5") and just as tall, only wider.

So big question number 1 is, considering the P-Pump engine would a 19 radiator be enough or would I need to fit the 2nd gen radiator.

Next, the 1st get intercooler is about half the size of the second gen I/C. I plan to fit either the 2nd gen I/C or a powerstroke I/C to the soon to be modified radiator support.

So does anyone have any actual experience with doing this?
Following that, opinions are valued and will be considered...
1991.5 RCLB 7" lift, 1" body lift, P-pump motor, cut delivery valves, 4K spring, ARP, 3.54, Sterling axle Lock Rite, 6" skyjacker 37" MTR's recentered HMMV wheels. Traction bar, boxed in frame, Hydro assist brakes, dual batteries, elec air pump, lift pump, extra filter, 3-piece manifold, Diamond 4", 4" driveshaft, X-over steering, isspro tach, EGT, boost, and more...
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Re: 2nd gen radiator/intercooler

Postby flyin6 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Hmmm...no suggestions...
1991.5 RCLB 7" lift, 1" body lift, P-pump motor, cut delivery valves, 4K spring, ARP, 3.54, Sterling axle Lock Rite, 6" skyjacker 37" MTR's recentered HMMV wheels. Traction bar, boxed in frame, Hydro assist brakes, dual batteries, elec air pump, lift pump, extra filter, 3-piece manifold, Diamond 4", 4" driveshaft, X-over steering, isspro tach, EGT, boost, and more...
flyin6
fuel screw!!!!

Postby comotionman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:22 am

I would go ahead and put the 2ndgen rad and ic in. Far superior setup. I put an aftermarket alum rad and ps ic in my non ic. I will be upgrading to 2ndgen setup in future either this truck or another.
coupla trucks non & ic, 2nd gens, various other
comotionman
fuel screw!!!!

Postby burnt_servo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 pm

'93 w250 .... stock ...
curently removing the dead moose parts ....
burnt_servo
fuel screw!!!!

Return to The good stuff