Source of a miss

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Source of a miss

Postby mhuppertz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:35 pm

So, before I studded my truck and replaced the cracked head I started to develop a miss, very noticeable at idle but off idle also. It comes and goes, and sometimes the truck would idle almost perfectly smooth like it used to. Changed the head and all that, but the issue stayed. I'm thinking there is a piece of junk in one of the POD's, but not sure.
Anyone heard of this happening?
Full disclosure: I can't keep fuel cutoff solenoid plungers in my truck, it eats them within a week. Even bought a brand new unit and it did the same thing, so there could be a little piece of plunger runner stuck in a delivery valve or an injector???
mhuppertz

Re: Source of a miss

Postby oldestof11 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:59 pm

I chased a bad lope. Came down to the o-ring between the head and the fuel heater was sucking air. High rpm's the lift pump would push some fuel out and you would get a fuel smell after a hard run.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby mhuppertz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:02 pm

oldestof11 wrote:I chased a bad lope. Came down to the o-ring between the head and the fuel heater was sucking air. High rpm's the lift pump would push some fuel out and you would get a fuel smell after a hard run.

That's a thought I hadn't considered. I will pull that apart and check it out, thanks.
mhuppertz

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Lope and misses are almost always air. Not always, but the vast majority of the time.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby jdiesel_us » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Look like its time to delete my fuel heater, my oring is leaking and mine lopes after a hard hot pull
jdiesel_us
fuel screw!!!!

Return to The good stuff