High volume piston lift-pump

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: High volume piston lift-pump

Postby bgilbert » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:23 pm

BC and RC are keeping 1stgen.org alive!

Off topic question. David, what is your name on Facebook? lol

I too spend all my time on FB anymore and not on the forums. I will give it to Eric though, he is trying to help, giving support and the like to 1st gen owners. Even if he's making a buck at it. At least someone is providing tech, parts, support for the "Gen 1's".. You can always spot a non-1st gen guy when he refers to them as "Gen 1's" lol... But that's another topic..
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:21 pm

bgilbert wrote:BC and RC are keeping 1stgen.org alive!

I too spend all my time on FB anymore and not on the forums. I will give it to Eric though, he is trying to help, giving support and the like to 1st gen owners. Even if he's making a buck at it. At least someone is providing tech, parts, support for the "Gen 1's".. You can always spot a non-1st gen guy when he refers to them as "Gen 1's" lol... But that's another topic..

David Livesay. :)

And Bill, THANK YOU!! I don't fully understand it but, "Gen 1" ain't natural. :lol:
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby fatty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:39 pm

BC847 wrote:
fatty wrote:IIRC, Eric's pump has a 1.25" piston, whereas the "regular" piston pump has a 1" piston. Bigger area=more fuel flow.

FWIW, I'm very familiar with the high volume pump: (mid 2009) http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/foru ... mp-176472/ ;)

Eric, I did qualify my statement with "with large enough injectors". Folks commenting afterward apparently missed that. ;)

Perhaps my point is that Eric could perhaps do himself a favor and break it down over there, like he's broke it down here. Sooner or later, there's gonna be that one person that will screw up and swear it's all your fault. ;)

Oh I see now. I thought you had only run the small one for some reason.

What did you end up pulling that pump down to in terms of psi before you put the electric one on?
91.5 w250
fatty
14mm rotor

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:10 pm

On that note (it won't let me pull up the dtr thread)..........But didn't you put the small bore spring into the high volume pump? If that's the case the volume wouldn't of been near the higher psi pumps.

The spring pressure used, does directly affect the volume.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:48 pm

bgilbert wrote:BC and RC are keeping 1stgen.org alive!

I try to refer people to here but it falls on deaf ears. They won't even go to CF because "You never know what kind of tech you are going to get." I kid you not, I was told that.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to The good stuff