need help, twins and ve

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

need help, twins and ve

Postby cummins king » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 pm

okay first question on my auto tranny the dip stick is in the way of the 5 inch exhaust piping, what should i do what have you guys done
second on the 14mm pump head can you put a plug in were the shut off sylinoyed goes or does it have to go in there for other reasons
third question the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold onto the head, whats the recomended torque

what a crazzy day, yesterday i get 11 out of 12 bolts out from the exhaust manifold, but one of them i striped the head on, so i weld nut on the head, and tryed to take it off, i tryed 3 times and it kept breaking the weld and it still didnt budge, so i move the manifold back and forth a few times and i snaped the last bolt, there was 2mm of bolt sticking out of the head, so i welded a nut on it and it came out fine, the problem was the bold got siezed in the first part of the exhaust manifold, i beat on that bolt i took the torches to it and lube, it took me 45 minuts of beating on that thing to get it out, all the other ones were fine i cant belive that one was so bad

thanks for listing :lol:
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Re: need help, twins and ve

Postby DTanklage » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:51 am

cummins king wrote:
okay first question on my auto tranny the dip stick is in the way of the 5 inch exhaust piping, what should i do

second on the 14mm pump head can you put a plug in were the shut off sylinoyed goes or does it have to go in there for other reasons

third question the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold onto the head, whats the recomended torque

1) put a truck transmission in your truck (they are manual transmissions and do not have dipsticks)

2) yes

3) who torques ex manifold bolts?

lol
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 am

ii put new manifold bolts in i thought there might be a recomended torque for them, it doesnt matter
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby DTanklage » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 am

sure there is a torque spec but as long as you get em tight and dont break them you will be fine

i cranked mine in there pretty good

gonna guess 30 ft pounds
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby greasemonkey » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am

yeah there's a spec and it's a lot more than you'd think from what I remember. I was told the same, to just make sure they're tight and re-check after a few heat cycles.

someone on here's gotta have a service manual...? I ordered one from Geno's a little while ago and I just sent it back yesterday, they sent me a 92 manual instead of a 93 on accident, no problem, they're going to swap it out for me...for that kind of money on a brand new manual I'd just as soon have the correct one for the few differences between the 92 and 93;

otherwise I'd look the torque up for you and then tell you to just go till it's tight and stop before it breaks! :D
'93 250 4x4 NV4500, flatbed, club cab, ex brake, pump tweaked, too many new ideas thanks to you guys.
dubbed the "Mexican Mtn Goat"

..if you find yourself in a fair fight you did not properly prepare..
..hot rodders are the original recyclers!..
greasemonkey
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:26 pm

The '93 FSM states, "32 ft lbs in sequence." Which is pretty much a circle starting in the middle and working out.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby TWorline » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:29 pm

The '92 FSM recommends 32 ft. lbs. :shock: mine are alot more than that! ;-)
Tim Worline
1992 W250 Club Cab LE, S300 62/71, 5" stainless intake, 4" into 5" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, SDX 5X18 Injectors, AirDog 150, Borgeson shaft, Coolingmist Vari-cool, Con OFEK, 3" Stainless CoolerTubz, 354/749.

http://www.CoolerTubz.com/
TWorline
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 pm

ya i think mys aout 50 oops oh well

okay got another question i realy need help on
on the passenger side of the block theres a round thing on the side and its got lines goin to the tranny, do i really need it, i cant fit the ht60 with it there, should i relocalt it, and exacly what is it
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Trans oil cooler. Cools the oil with water from the engine. Also helps to heat the oil in the cold weather. Removal is your choice or you can try to relocate. If you pull it, I think the holes in the block are threaded. If it gets really cold where you are, it will slow down trans warm up times. Some guys swear it cools better in the summer with out it. The oil goes there first, then to the radiator.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:19 pm

i bet it would cool better in the summer with out it, winter ha truck wont stay on the road :lol: so im going to take it out
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:46 pm

If you tow it will keep the engine cooler too. The trans heat is what makes the engine run hot for guys that tow heavy. If you tow you should add one someplace else. A fan cooler works good, under the bed.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:29 pm

progress report :lol:

okay i took the trans cooler out, and i joind the lines together, i plan in the future to put an other cooler with an electric fan under the bed, man is there ever a lot of room with it out of the way, i made the under the turbo bracket, still need to add a few touches to it though, the exhaust is to the back of the motor, that almost done, going to start the hot pipe on monday if i got time it going well for a first timer, and you know what suck tranny and coolent roling down your arm in you arm pit down you side, had lots of that kind of sucks :thatsucks:

oh for the hot pipe how thick should the tube be :?:

thanks
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby CumminsPride » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:43 am

We used 5/16" or 1/4" on the tube but the plates we made were 3/8" . It was old hydraulic pipe.

Wade
06 3500 AT Mega Cab SRW 4X4
CumminsPride
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cummins king » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:29 pm

i jus went out and looked at my truck and i have come to the conclustion to het my botom turbo intake to fit i will need to make a remote filter housing, anybody got any experince doing it
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby ford69557ci » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 pm

just mount you bottom turbo up in the inner fender area thats where i am puttin mine and it leaves more room for downpipe and airfiler piping plus it makes it super easy to run a hood stack
92 w250, NV4500, D80, maxed pump, AFC gone, extended fuel screw, more to come.
ford69557ci
14mm rotor

Next

Return to The good stuff