valet switch ....

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

valet switch ....

Postby burnt_servo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:41 am

the valet swicth you guys are refering too is nothing more than a off switch , preventing the injection pump from "seeing " any boost from the turbo , right ?

has anyone played around with 2 or 3 air bleeds instead in the pressure line feeding to the injection pump to drop the presure that it see's ?

on each air bleed would be some sort of valve ( solenoid , toggle ... trained gopher ect... ) to block the presure from dropping until it was needed .

it should be possible to drop the power levels in stages , instead of all or nothing by blocking the boost signal to the pump .

just a thought anyway .
burnt_servo
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Yup, you got the gist of it, blocks air to the AFC housing. I don't understand why you would want to drop the power in stages? I either want it off for better mileage, because I don't need it around town, (and 'cause I can't keep my foot out of it) or on for full bore power.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby MMiller » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:24 pm

PToombs wrote:Yup, you got the gist of it, blocks air to the AFC housing. I don't understand why you would want to drop the power in stages? I either want it off for better mileage, because I don't need it around town, (and 'cause I can't keep my foot out of it) or on for full bore power.

Maybe for the same reason there is 5 power levels on an Edge box, just because he can.........lol.....

It would be nice to be able to have a gutless, stock setting, then a decent tune for pulling heavy, then an all out smoke and hot EGT setting.......but then again, if I really needed that I could get a 24 valve and be done.

Michael
1993 W250, 3.55, NV5600 , Con O, bosch 185's, 4" exhaust, Super 40, pump tweaks, ground pin, Smokehouse air intake, Hamilton Cam,
1985 D350, Crew Cab, 92 cummins and a 518. 47rh to be built and installed along with 3.55 LS Dana 80
MMiller
fuel screw!!!!

Postby CAJUN 93 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:33 am

on a drag truck with traction problems you could better control the boost coming on therefore control the power to the wheels on launch. bring the power on as needed.

i'm kinda setting up the same thing with a ecm controlled ksb, afc and wastegate. oops, said too much. gotta go. bye

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Return to The good stuff