EDM 9mm injector nozzles

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby Rebel Ram » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:42 pm

So at what point did the 9mm's change to 7mm,s? Or the other way around? I take it that the nossles are direct replacements for the stock nossles on stock injectors? Just need to get them matched for pressure? Ive not worked with injectors other than replacing them so the more details on the swap the better.
"Big Ugly"-93 3/4 T extra cab 4X4 5 speed
"Big Hips"-92 1 Ton reg cab 4X2 Auto
"The ohwun"-2001 3/4 T quad cab 4X4 auto
Rebel Ram
fuel screw!!!!

Postby 92 D/UNIT » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:04 pm

:oops: :oops:
Last edited by 92 D/UNIT on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian 92 D 250 250K, A518, pump mods, BHAF, 4X15s, 4" turbo back dual exh, 3200 spring, HTB2 62/12.

SOLD 92 w250 ex cab, 5 spd, 3.54, 320,000, WH1E 14, Fuel pin, pods,shortened 4200 gs, Bhaf, 4" turbo back
388/886
92 D/UNIT
fuel screw!!!!

Postby JLeonard » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:41 am

So at what point did the 9mm's change to 7mm,s? Or the other way around

Initially the injectors had a 9 mm body. Cummins had an issue with some of the heads cracking at the 9 mm injector hole, so they made the hole smaller at 7 mm to put more material in the head to make it stronger. I guess it worked.
That change happened at the 91.5 model change for the Dodge trucks ...same time as they added the intercooler.
(may have happened at a different time for engines in other vehicles/applications).

So non I/C trucks have a 9mm injecotor body, and I/C trucks have a 7mm body
91 D250 w/modified Cummins, 89 D250 donor (future boat engine)
JLeonard
fuel screw!!!!

Re: edm

Postby g1625s » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:52 am

I'm considering them, I'd jut like to know a little more how they compare with pods. I ran pods for a few weeks and was not all that impressed with the power increase over stock non-ic injectors...soo, I'd hate to spend the money only to find myself in the same boat, give or take a HP or two. The seller got back to me through e-bay, but to answer my questions, he simply quoted your earlier post in this thread...

cumminsram wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that point there was a possibility I had a small leak because I was forced to reuse a gasket between block and heater grid. Now there is a good gasket there but I had to take off the stock crossover to use a different one to fit my hx 50 and its not fully reassembled yet or I would have posted results. The injectors Im sure would have been able to put down some big boost. Also Im sure they would have made some better boost with a different driver I just hate to beat on my rig because it just kills me when she's down and she's that way often enough! Iv really liked them so far and in the next couple months Id like to buy another set.For the money there great. I really wish someone else would try them and get some results up to!
g1625s
fuel screw!!!!

Postby 90firstgen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Sounds like the seller should give me a free set and I will test them and post the results for everyone :lol:
1990 2x4, 3/4 ton, Getrag, Cummins N/I
3200 Spring
Full Fuel Screw maxed (+/- 4 turns)
Injector rebuild with bigger nozzles
1/8" Timing bump
Airflo Intake
HTT 56mm Compressor
14cm Wastegated Housing
Stan's 4"
90firstgen
fuel screw!!!!

Postby bgilbert » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:12 am

Save your money Greg. I'd go custom EDM. I gained 10psi of boost over POD's with my Scheid EDM's. I better see more than 1psi for any price.
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Postby Cowboy_Customs » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 am

Didnt he originally post about needing a volunteer??

Hey Greg, IF you deside to pick up a set, see if you can get the 7MM, JUST IN CASE you dont like em. :wink:
Cause im sure there would be SOMEONE around here that'll help ya get rid of em. LOL

Im acctually going to call Piers tomarrow, well today being as its 2AM, and ask them about those specific specifications, and see what they say in regard to power increase, or perhaps see if I can get the specification on the stage 3 and 4, then compare.
Lost, but not forgotten. '93 Dodge D-350 regular cab 2x6, 5-speed, Phantom Pyro, LED guages, Polished valve covers, 366 spring, 4 inch Rip DP, to 6 inch stacks, lots 'o lights
http://community.webshots.com/user/Cowboy_Customs
Cowboy_Customs
fuel screw!!!!

Re: edm

Postby DLittle » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am

I bought a set of these tips a while back to try out. I have never ran POD's but I have a set of New ERA Diesel 370's That I've been running for about a year. The 370's run very clean with a fully turned up pump and gave me 44psi max boost. Egt's with the the 370's were very good. I dyno'd 301 hp/ 538tq max egt's on dyno 1350. Now to the 8x11 tips from TurboDiesel. I had there company install the tips and set pop pressure in my bodies. I installed the medium size injectors washer on install. I did not change anything else on pump. After firing the engine up I notice a little ruffer idle but it seemed to have about the same throttle responce. First drive had a lot of noticable smoke at all levels. I didn't gain any boost over the 370's but Egt's where out of control. Pegged my 1600deg pyro. Crusing egt's wher up about 100-150 over the 370's and the slightest touch of the throttle and you have smoke. From a standing start I could block the sun out of 2 lanes of traffic and could never get the smoke to clear up. Over all I'm not impressed with the tips after adjusting the pump, increasing the timing smoke never went away. It was to much for me so I sent my 370's to extrude hone an had them honed out. Now truck runs much better as in smoother idle, cleaner running. I didn't have a chance to Dyno with the tips but I don't think I gained anything but smoke and egt's. I'm planning on dynoing in august and I'll let you know how the extrude honed tips work.

g1625s wrote:I'm considering them, I'd jut like to know a little more how they compare with pods. I ran pods for a few weeks and was not all that impressed with the power increase over stock non-ic injectors...soo, I'd hate to spend the money only to find myself in the same boat, give or take a HP or two. The seller got back to me through e-bay, but to answer my questions, he simply quoted your earlier post in this thread...

cumminsram wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that point there was a possibility I had a small leak because I was forced to reuse a gasket between block and heater grid. Now there is a good gasket there but I had to take off the stock crossover to use a different one to fit my hx 50 and its not fully reassembled yet or I would have posted results. The injectors Im sure would have been able to put down some big boost. Also Im sure they would have made some better boost with a different driver I just hate to beat on my rig because it just kills me when she's down and she's that way often enough! Iv really liked them so far and in the next couple months Id like to buy another set.For the money there great. I really wish someone else would try them and get some results up to!

1992 W250 auto, 290 k, stock for now SOLD
1973 W100 SWB, D70,D60, 5.9 Twin Turbo SOLD
1993 W250 193k, Auto, TOTALED 10/30/2009
DLittle
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to The good stuff