Mounted my nitrous, water/meth, tranny and veggie gauges

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Mounted my nitrous, water/meth, tranny and veggie gauges

Postby Begle1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:35 pm

They're temperature controllers; each one can read one thermocouple, and you can set each one to flip two switches at two seperate temperatures for that thermocouple.

So, lets say I put a temperature probe in my air intake and hook three nitrous solenoids to it. I have one solenoid fire when the pedal hits the switch on the floor, I have one solenoid fire when the air inlet temperature gets to 150 degrees, and I have the last one fire when it gets to 180 degrees.

Or I do the same thing with water/meth nozzles. I have one stage from the start, a second nozzle opens when EGT's get to 1000 degrees, and a third opens when I get to 1100 degrees.

And then, when I'm not running drugs, I use a switch to read other thermocouples instead. Like the thermocouple in my veggie tank, the thermocouple in my injection pump inlet, or the thermocouple in my tranny.

Of the three, I currently have a thermocouple in my tranny line.

Downside to these controllers is that they're 120 volt, so I needed a power inverter.

So I mounted a 160 watt inverter where my fuse box is supposed to go.

(I just JB Welded tie-wraps in such a way to hold the inverter... Didn't have any other ideas...)

Just need some relays and solenoids now...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby wannadiesel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Geek! :P

That's really clever, once you get it tuned I think it will work well.
'93 D350 LE Club Cab dually, Getrag, 3.54 Pow-R-Lok with: DPS EDM's, HTT Stage IV/14wg, Con-FE, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, custom fuel pin, Walbro secondary fuel system.

Best dyno: 408/844
wannadiesel
diesel guru

Postby boostedve » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:51 pm

thats a cool setup and with you trans temp in the hot line what about how hot does it run...

but i like that setup you got very cool
FOR SALE 1991 dodge d350 hx40 2nd gen intercooler, few pump mods, 366 spring, no afc, timing bump,pistion lift pump, 5" down pipe, bhaf, old smokey fuel pin, boost, pyro, tach gauges 14.10 @96mph 310hp, pm for pics and info..
boostedve
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Begle1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:56 pm

I haven't been able to get the hot line temperatures above 200 degrees...

I installed the gauge in preperation for adding my A/C condensor to the ATF cooling system; I wanted to make sure I didn't increase temperatures by doing that. But now that I see that I have such low temperatures, I've found other priorities...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:04 pm

so what did you do with the fuse box?
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Return to The good stuff