Possible CA trip upcoming.

Going here or there? Have space to haul something? List it here

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Possible CA trip upcoming.

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Going to CA via any practical route, but the destination city is FRESNO.
Can also deliver along a common route either by I-80 west, or U.S.81 to I-35 to I-40 to CA99.

Possible states of outbound passage: (southwestern route) NE, KS, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA OR (western route) NE, WY, UT, NV, CA
Possible states of return passage: The above states in reverse, plus IA, IL, IN, OH

Call me at 402-780-5127, if interested.

Mark.
Last edited by Mark Nixon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Nixon

Re: Possible CA trip upcoming.

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Fri May 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Hey Mark i don't have any news for parts or nothin as usual, but if your close to the sequoia
trees or Yosemite it's a must see for people that don't live out there there amazing. :shock:
we were out there in 02 and drove down 101 from olimpic park washington to sanfransisco
cause i wanted to see that cool road you always see on tv but it's only 50 miles of senic road,
you need to ask somebody that lives there to tell you where it's at cause i never saw it naturally
it was so foggy the morning we were driving that part i could just see past the hood. anyhow
i just thought i would tell you that.

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby Billy Boy » Fri May 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Mark-

Give me a call when you get a chance - I might have something that could make a CA trip more feasible for you. I tried calling the number I have in my phone for you but couldn't get through.

Bill
513-310-0856
1989 Dodge D350 Dually, Non I/C
Billy Boy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Mon May 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Dar, I've been 95% up and down the 101 on individual trips out there, some at night, some in the rain, so I did not see a lot.
What I have seen makes the possibility of seeing even just a little more all the more interesting!
I especially like the central valley and 99, you can cruise through there, see some iteresting things and make really decent time, unlike going across on the 5, which really reminds me alot of western Nebraska, flat and boring, a least 'til you get up towards 'Frisco, then it starts to roll.

Billy, that number doesn't work when I am at home, POS pre-paid for ya'.
We talked and he's going to have me do that, if the deal swings his way, but I am still looking for some riders out and back.
If something weird happens and I get TWO to come back, I can always put a tagger on the hauler.
Then I'd HAVE to turn it up temporarily. :(

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby Billy Boy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Mark-

Glad to hear that I might have helped you out a bit with your trip - and my friend back at home. If it all does happen, you'll have to get in touch with me and let me know when you're swinging into Cincy - I'll do my best to meet up with you guys and we'll shoot the breeze a bit! I've got your home number in my phone now as well.

Hope it all works out!

Bill
1989 Dodge D350 Dually, Non I/C
Billy Boy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 am

Looking for a rider, again.
It doesn't matter what it is, parts, car, truck, light tractor, ex-girlfriend/wife, as long as it's my own sold parts/vehicle or pays for the fuel and motel, I'm interested in doing it. :D

See the first posting for the routes and areas I would be in.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 am

Hey Mark a guy named Dieselschlepper on here is needing a Deutz F5L with 5 spd hauled from Murietta Ca
to KY, i know your probly not going that far south but he might meat you in IL somewhere
just a thought.
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm

We had talked just before I cancelled the idea the first time.
He's not far from where the truck in CA needs to go to.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Return to Passin' through (need anything?)