buyer/seller feed back section

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847

buyer/seller feed back section

Postby ellis93 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

We need one,maybe only to post about how the deal went down. If people get ripped off they can leave their experience for all to see,weeding out seedy characters. It would also make people feel easier about buying from folks that get a bad rap normally.
And don't give me that "somebodies gonna get butt hurt and cause all kinds of problems" thing cause that already happens
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Re: buyer/seller feed back section

Postby cmann250 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I like the idea. It would only be the shady pole cats that would get butt hurt anyway ;)
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Should probably be stated at the beginning to wait until the deal is done or if you don't get satisfaction from a problem before posting and flaming somebody.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Perhaps we could do something with it this weekend. :)
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:01 pm

I must say that I am not in the least bit wild about this idea.
Perhaps it's from years ago when ONE person (A moderator) had control of a feedback forum and decided to run roughshod over people and I was one of his targets.
Before you say it, NO, this has nothing to do with anything on here or CF.
This was another time, another place and another type of vehicle.

Unless it could be moderated pretty closely and judiciously, I see it as a liability, not an asset.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby bmoeller » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Think a political thread gets heated, wait til this idea takes off..................... Just another "loaded" topic to start..............

The problem is, a lot of times, the people involved won't work to a reasonable resolution first. Automatically start a mess and mud dragging campaign first.

If one is bad enough to report openly, that is what the lounge is for.
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Mark Nixon wrote:I must say that I am not in the least bit wild about this idea.
Perhaps it's from years ago when ONE person (A moderator) had control of a feedback forum and decided to run roughshod over people and I was one of his targets.
Before you say it, NO, this has nothing to do with anything on here or CF.
This was another time, another place and another type of vehicle.

Unless it could be moderated pretty closely and judiciously, I see it as a liability, not an asset.

Mark.

I'd say it would be an asset to you.....several people have had dealings with you and while I have had nothing but good experiences with you there are some that take every opportunity to dump on you. People read those post and are turned off by what is said,you loose a sale.

Hell if your worried about mod intervention I think BC is about as level headed as any I've seen. I'd even volunteer my services as a mod for it ;).....wouldn't that be exciting :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Good points, Mark.

Everything's all fine and good with a Positive Rating. But then those other than positive can potentially turn into a pissing contest. More often than not, IMO, those threads are like a community get-together for the occasional train wreck (Cornfield meet).

Frankly, most instances of foul-play are a result of someone not doing their homework. We've got that thread going talking about Tips and such: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11879

And then there's the thing regarding these forums and what powers it has over somebody's Internet dealings. The answer is: NONE.
Our primary purpose is to provide a means for a community offering advice and technical support for those owning a Dodge/Cummins 1st Gen truck. NOT being a storefront for Dodge/Cummins 1st Gen truck parts. We're not structured to be a tool for one's pricing schemes either. Our Classifieds Section is no more than a free limited feature for the contributing members of these forums. You'd be surprised at how many folks sign-up and try to access the Classifieds 1st thing, only to be blocked, and never visit the site again.

Thinking about this more, Mark, I can also see your point where whomever is Moderating the thread could be suspect in a given example.

This whole going on the Internets and reading cool stuff & getting sound advice on building your mess seems to want to get all complicated.

Geez . ...
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby ellis93 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 am

I'm not trying to complicate anything,just thought it was a decent idea. make it to where you can't reply to the post,simple. If they feel the need to discuss it let them do it in pm's. And if BS isn't wanted maybe we shouldn't trade amongst each other.
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 am

ellis93 wrote:I'm not trying to complicate anything,just thought it was a decent idea. make it to where you can't reply to the post,simple. If they feel the need to discuss it let them do it in pm's. And if BS isn't wanted maybe we shouldn't trade amongst each other.

Putting something like that in the public eye, where a person can't rebuke it, is unfair to the person being complained upon.
There are always 2 sides to every story, if one person puts up derogatory on another in a 1-post-only topic, then it's public and the person being posted against can't get their side out.
Yet, if it is a multi-post topic, then you have the issue of people coming into the topic and fanning the flames.

Humans generally take only what they can SEE and HEAR as ways of passing judgement, remove one side of the story and judgement can be passed only on what information is available.

Personally, I think it's "controllable" the way it is, so why add another forum that potentially INVITES abuse of separate individuals, another forum to monitor for the limited number of people we have able to moderate it?

I feel this is Policing, trying to watch over people out of fear they might do something wrong.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby ellis93 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 am

Then let's just leave it alone then as is,where folks won't know who go deal with. And when they do buy from a seedy characterless individual only to be anal probed in the end of a deal then our limited mods (only one mod that shows up is BC) can deal with another horrible tread where persons are belittled and defamed with insults and petty banter.
You sell on this forum more than any other person,and apparently you been screwed by another mod on another forum some other time yada yada yada......whos to say that such a forum wouldn't work here with the level head (mostly) people that frequent this place. Plus we could let it be known that either a good deal takes place or permanent dismissal from selling of anything would be forth coming.
BC if you don't like this idea delete the tread.
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 pm

ellis93 wrote:Then let's just leave it alone then as is,where folks won't know who go deal with. And when they do buy from a seedy characterless individual only to be anal probed in the end of a deal then our limited mods (only one mod that shows up is BC) can deal with another horrible tread where persons are belittled and defamed with insults and petty banter.
You sell on this forum more than any other person,and apparently you been screwed by another mod on another forum some other time yada yada yada......whos to say that such a forum wouldn't work here with the level head (mostly) people that frequent this place. Plus we could let it be known that either a good deal takes place or permanent dismissal from selling of anything would be forth coming.
BC if you don't like this idea delete the tread.

Honestly, from personal experience, I'm going to deal with who I feel like dealing with, forewarned or not.
Yes, "Caveat Emptor" is always advisable, but, for me, if I have never dealt with someone before, and 10 people say don't, I'm a gambler, I'll try anyway. ;)
I've dealt with people who were 100% recommended and gotten totally screwed. You can't beat fate, even if you prepare for all eventualities, if it's going to happen, it'll happen. Damned Murphy, anyway.

The whole point of the 25 post minimum and time limit is to keep the would-be carpetbaggers at bay.
In actuality, that particular method seems to have been the way to approach the situation and definitely tells us that people are seriously interested in the trucks and 1stgen.org as a whole.

In case you haven't noticed, (I sure as heck have!) I don't sell nearly as much here as I used to and I certainly haven't been LISTING as much as I used to, either.
People don't have the resources that they did when I first showed up, plus, in case you haven't noticed, I've limited what I actually sell to the larger items I can deliver, or that people can come pick up.
Believe it or not, for a day or less, I had a HUGE ad posted here a few weeks ago, then decided I didn't want to deal with it.
It had no posts to it, so I deleted it.

You'll also noticed that in some threads where it's dead obvious I could sell a part, I haven't outright said I had things for sale, either.
This is especially true when I see a low-count newer poster mentioning it in a thread.

Think about this:
For the most part 1stgen.org is an absolutely 100% FREE site!
Swank has been gracious enough to not go with advertising, he keeps the site up FOR US with nothing more than "Please Contribute If You Can" and, except for getting TOO political, we pretty much do as we want.
Is there any other site like this ANYWHERE on the internet that you can think of?

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby ellis93 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Whatever.....leave it as is,long as I'm not burned on a deal I don't care. I keep my dealings simple anyhow,if the seller wants X amount of dollars for something,and it's along the lines I'm willing to pay,then I deal.....if it doesn't meet that then I don't buy,Mark you know that first hand ;)

As I stated before whatever
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm

I think it would benefit everyone to have a feedback area personally. It may not change my opinion to buy but at least I will have been warned.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby bgilbert » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm

I like this idea of a buyer/seller feedback forum :).
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Next

Return to 1st Gen.org suggestions