Hitch Help needed. FRONT mount hitch part number please

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hitch Help needed. FRONT mount hitch part number please

Postby monoblock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 am

Front mount receiver hitch needed.
I need your help Guys. Trying to find a Front mount Receiver Hitch (any brand or any condition) to fit my 1993 D250 . Draw Tite have no part numbers for any Dodge truck older than 1994. Their part # for the 1994 is 65003. Would that fit ? Anyone tried it?
Out here in the desert, these trucks last for ever - no rust so getting parts like this could become a challenge?
Someone, somewhere has these hitches, covered in dust -but how to find them?
Thank you for any suggestions.
monoblock
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Hitch Help needed. FRONT mount hitch part number please

Postby monoblock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 am

Curt were very helpful giving dimensions of their '94 and up front hitch . I do not know if it will fit or can be easily modified. The Curt part number is 31604.
My next wild attempt was to Uhaul - maybe they have a part number.If they ever get back to me, I'll Post the part number.
monoblock
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm

The frames are different widths between 1st and 2nd gen trucks.
One for the rear can't be made to work? The mounts need to be short right? Maybe a rear one can be cut down to fit? Just thinking with the keyboard here...... ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby monoblock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks for trying Mr Toombs.
Frame width : The Hitch intended for the 1994 & up trucks measures 33.84" according to the very helpful (John) guy at Curt.
I measured my front frame rail width (1993) at around 30". The rear frame is around 4" wider than the front.

An alternative would be to use an Adjustable REAR hitch. Curt and Drawtite make them.E-Trailer sells them.They are available in Class 3 or 5.
Curt 15902 or similar
Draw-Tite 41990-07
A bolt-on receiver positioned on the passenger side makes a great aid for difficult maneuvering[/i].Check out e-Trailer for clamp-on receivers.
There are some illustrative videos on Youtube showing the benefit of a front-mount, offset hitch. Use Curt 19100 ?
A front hitch makes maneuvering a trailer much easier.It is a convenient mount for a winch,bike rack and other accessories
Hopefully the part numbers and contacts help others trying to do the same.
I can confirm this idea and part numbers can be made to work. Lots of fiddling with details but it does work.I used the Drawtite parts intended for the rear of a Service Truck + a clamp-on receiver intended for an RV. But do your own careful reserch because this is not plug+play.
monoblock
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Chassis