Metal in particles in ve pump return line banjo fitting.

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Metal in particles in ve pump return line banjo fitting.

Postby qmikep » Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 am

Hi guuys, iI have my pump off to replace some seals and noticed something I'd like some opinions on.

The injector return line banjo bolt to the pump has a screen in it and has caught some metal debrees. I have not seen this before.

My injectors have 270+ And physically look hammered. Power was also low. Any chance this meral could be from the injectors and not the pump (I hope).

Any insight is appreciated.

qmikep
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Metal in particles in ve pump return line banjo fitting.

Postby thrashingcows » Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

I do not believe that there is an injector return line that runs back to the IP....the return line from the injectors goes back to the tank. Trying to figure out which banjo bolt you have with a screen on it.....been a few years since I was last inside a VE. ;)

But that looks like aluminum to me. Have you seen if it will be picked up with a magnet?
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon May 21, 2018 4:42 pm

That matter is from inside the IP. The injector returns go direct back to the tank. So you have 2 main options, clean the fitting and put it in, and save your money for a pump rebuild/ replace (and hope it doesn't push metal to the injectors too). Or repair/ replace now.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby qmikep » Tue May 22, 2018 11:44 am

Guess its materiap from the rollers and cam plate. I guess im gonna buy one from someplace online.
qmikep
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Engine