Greetings fellow diesellites

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Greetings fellow diesellites

Postby Bill » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 pm

It's nice to see a fresh forum and especially one so specific to my interests.
Why do I feel like a new student in class right now? I never know what to say about the who that I am, so I'll say a few of the whats that make me a who.
A Husband, Father, Family, ... sigh
and
A Tinker, Sailor, Marine-guy... Yeah it was a play on a novel/movie title, an ambiguous one at that. If you're a brother I don't need to explain why I didn't say 'Soldier guy' but only in jest. I love all my service brothers and sisters. Grandpa was a Greyhound Mechanic, I grew up in a commercial fishing fleet, and have always loved:
The smell of diesel, JP-4, the ocean, and the first rain after a good dry spell
The sound of a diesel engine and turbo-props
The lines of a well designed/built boat, plane, or woman... in that order.
Honing/sharpening an edged tool and let work her magic
An earthy coffee, pumpkin pie, smoked salmon, pickled herring, and lilikoi
Now I digress.
I'm here for the topic at hand like all of you and look forward to hearing, learning, and sharing if and where I can. I like to say, "I fell in love with an engine(Cummins 6BT) but she was married to a pickupl. It's kind of tongue and cheek but it's the truth.
SHE, is a Cummins 6BT N/I, Getrag 360, Dodge D250 circa 1991-5/12ths. We've been hitched for almost 25 years now. I haven't always been faithful. She's been misused, taken for granted, and for a time down right neglected. But, she always makes me smile and I know I'll keep her for awhile. She ain't pretty, she ain't proud, but she endures me and she's mine. It makes her worthy all the while.
Now here's my confession:
I am just this moment, on the eve of selling my truck. It's in pieces. My e-brake locked up about 10 years ago so I tore down the hubs and completely reconditioned the rear brakes and wheel bearings. I drain rear axle fluid when I'm about to wrap things up, only to find it's filthy. Would'a, could'a, should'a but instead I deciced to tear down the rear axle and rebuild it. Awaiting parts, I pull the driveline to install new joints, I might as well, replace that leaky transmission seal while I'm down here, and finally... What the hell, I might as well clean her up, repaint, and on, and on... Then comes marriage and the baby carriage. Considering her present state I've been made a very generous offer and any rational guy wouldn't hesitate. Right now.... I'm more ration null about this pickup but I'm willing to bet more than a few of you are too.
Bill
fuel pin?

Re: Greetings fellow diesellites

Postby PToombs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome Bill, you sound like most of us, love hate relationship with our trucks! :lol: I'd like to swap mine for an ex-cab with AC that works. Going fast is fun but I use it more for trips and cruising and the regular cab seems to be getting smaller on me! ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Donkey Kong » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Yes but did he hot rod his lawn mower?
Darth Cummins 93 CC W250 NV4500 HX35 350hp 37s 1.5T leafs...its stiff
Donkey Kong
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Bill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank for the welcome.
Bill
fuel pin?

Postby fatty » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Hey you're my neighbor. I'm up in Yacolt.
91.5 w250
fatty
14mm rotor

Postby Bill » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm

fatty wrote:Hey you're my neighbor. I'm up in Yacolt.

Hey neighbor!

There’s a guy literally two streets from me with two 1st gens and two more 2nd gen 12vs in his driveway. Not sure what he has in the garage. I know two other guys a stone throw away that have 6-7 1st gens on their property. They are going fast. The hoarders are rounding these old gals up and putting them I’m in the barn literally.
Bill
fuel pin?

Return to Welcome