Intercooled, Non-Intercooled Sections

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847

Intercooled, Non-Intercooled Sections

Postby peobryant » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:28 am

I don't know how this would work, but it gets kind of annoying when a person asks about some mod on his truck, and several people have to ask what year the truck is, to determine if it is Intercooled or not. Maybe they could just fill out their sig. before posting...

Thanks,
Parker
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby MUDDY » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 am

i'll agree with ya. annoying as hell.

i hate that. especially for the 2nd gens when they list a 98 and they are having a problem. well if they have a prob ya gotta assume it is a over valved truck lol :lol:

hate it when ya call on an ad on cl or wherever and they dont list for sure what it is. like 98 and ya hope for a 98 12v and find out ya wasted your call on a 98.5.

so yeah,,, folks need to put wth it is. early 91 or 91.5. or when talkin bout the later rigs, 98 12v or 98.5. 01 or 01.5. [rear disks] 04 or 04.5. 07 or 07.5.

it would help if folks be specific.
97 D-3500 flatbed dually 385/837
93 D-350 dually
90 W-250

FOR IDAHO EVENTS WATCH
http://www.idahoturbodiesels.com
MUDDY
Administrator

Postby peobryant » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:19 pm

I think if you put all the info. on the truck, people will take the post more seriously, because they know that you know there are differences in the 1st Gen trucks.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:30 pm

like that makes a difference....

im off to change a vp44 on my intercooled 89 quad-cab with a common rail...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Richie O » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Not to poop on cummins forum but latley on there 2nd gen guys have been posting on the first gen section. My god they don't have a clue. They are giving advise on trucks they have never seen or worked on. They have all the facts all twisted. Not that I am a rocket scientist but come on. By the way all that I have learned has come from these forums. I started at cummins forume last winter and I have come along way. I now read cummins forum, dtr, tdr, diesel bombers, comp diesel, and new england turbo diesel power. I have the most fun here. As you guys must know now me and Pete are smart asses and its our job to get a laugh. Lifes to short not to have a good time. I do agree that it is hard to help some people that are just starting out. Some guys have never even worked on a lawn mower and they want help doing something they have no buisness attempting. Clint Eastwood says " A man has to know his limitations " . I love dirty harry. :lol:
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby MUDDY » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:00 pm

well like this post. http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?t=3823&highlight=

he joins today. 1st post is to sell his vehicle.

what is this vehicle?????? 91 or 91.5????????

D-350. D=2wd. he claims it is a 4x4. if so then it be a W-350. he claims it is a clubcab. they didnt have a clubcab with a factory cummins till 92.

the saslohe that i am i had to respond.

93 D-350 dually
90 W-250

FOR IDAHO EVENTS WATCH
MUDDY
Administrator

Postby burnt_servo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm

MUDDY wrote:. he claims it is a clubcab. they didnt have a clubcab with a factory cummins till 92.

the truck i took all the front end parts off of , for my truck , at the wrecker was a 1991 d350 club cab long box cummins with a 5 speed .

didn't look at what month of 1991 it was built , so it is possible it is a '92 model .

there also might be some variation between canadian and american trucks .
he says his truck is a canadian model . ( the trucks i'm working are are also canadian models ) .
'93 w250 .... stock ...
curently removing the dead moose parts ....
burnt_servo
fuel screw!!!!

Postby MUDDY » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:02 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,

it be interesting to see if it being a canadian model if that would make a difference.

i know in the usa the only clubs were the d/w-150s and d/w-250s that were gasoline powered and with the dana 44 front axle in the 4x4 version. No cummins unfortunately.

if a truck was built in sept 91 it probably is a 92 model.
93 D-350 dually
90 W-250

FOR IDAHO EVENTS WATCH
MUDDY
Administrator

Postby peobryant » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:28 pm

I agree, Cummins Forum isn't a very good 1st gen hangout. Nothing is as bad as CompD though. hardly any 1st Genners are over there. DTR is OK if you have a simple question about your truck, but this is the place to be if you have a serious problem. It also seems like everyone knows eachother over here and it is a lot friendlier. I honestly think if we had the same software the DTR has, we would have a lot more members that actually post.

I agree with MUDDY, it is very bothersome to see someone sign up for the site, for the sole purpose of selling their vehicle. There are sites dedicated to that (Autotrader, Craigslist, ect...) that they should use.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:23 am

I noticed that CF has other gen guys answering 1st gen questions. Some of those guys have owned 1st gen trucks, you can tell by the answers they give. If they don't have a clue, I usually call them on it.
DTR has an attitude problem. I know alot of you guys here are on there too, but over there people seem different. There were a bunch of posts trying to start a local club here in NY. When we posted in the thread how there was a club and they were more than welcome to join, nobody posted there for over a month. My buddy, the Prez of our club, PM'd everybody that posted in that thread, and didn't get a single answer. We even had a meeting in the western end of the state so it was close to alot of those guys and they could show, nobody showed.
Just different over there. :cyclopsani:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby MUDDY » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:07 pm

it's a fact dtr will read pm's and do delete them. i've had mine read by jack thorpe and he even called my cell about one of them. [a friend of mine called jack a c*ck sucker in a pm to me and jack was mad that i didnt defend him] i thought a PRIVATE message was PRIVATE. if ya invite someone by pm to a club event it may be deleted by him or lary or one of their minions. they are a bunch of nazis at DTR.

as ya know the idaho club has a lot of events. weve been active since early 02. we now have our own website www.idahoturbodiesels.com . my daughter posted at dtr [as i am long banned for calling a crooked dealer a stealership] and lary banned my daughter for posting an idaho dynoday event notification there. he also banned half the idaho guys that posted on the idaho event thread. they wanted to have just a dtr member only event posted at dtr. how stupid.
they want to push the dtr id chapter crap even though idaho bombers has been established for 7 years.

i was member #19 at dtr and offered the 1st mod job. it was actually fun there in the begining till jack got $ signs in his eyes.

as to cf, i'll try to make a lng story short. our club used tdr at the start and then since a big bunch of members were too cheap to spend the 35 bucks we needed a 'free' site in addition to TDR to post events. we used dtr but their censorship bs pissed many of us off. we ended up using CF when DM and whitmore ran it. they are a coupld of good guys. andy was the owner but he never got involved. i was invited to be super mod there.

as time went on andy got greedy. a site that was nothing and was ready to fold up early on expanded greatly thanks to the efforts of dm and whitmore. in addition to much advertising $ he then said he was going to charge the members. many of us said f-that and abondoned cf. we had TDR for our pay site. we werent gonna stick around cf and pay too. andy decided later to forget the pay idea as it was unpopular. just has different memberships for pay. more pay = less ad's on the screen. all about money for andy. most of the old members left and are at www.dieselbombers.com which is a great site ran by dm and whit.

anyway us idaho guys decided we needed a site of our own for idaho events and such. idaho bombers was born. it started out with a funky url for temporary use. we were going to grab the www.idahobombers.com url. steve [sea01cummins] was mod at cf and is my partner at ITD. steve pm'ed whitmore stating he was going to resign due to conflict of interest. of course whit fwd the pm to the owner, andy. andy promptly grabed up the idaho bombers .com url on the same day that we attempted to install it. what chicken sh!t!!!!!!!!!! [DA enterprises is andy and his dad dean.] they stole our url so that is why we have a different name now. andy is using www.idahobombers.com for a spam advertising pg now.

now cf is pushing for an idaho chapter of cf. even electing an idaho president. although there is an established idaho club and has been since 02 they want one on their website. most the cf membership there now are newer and dont realize the whole story and that the idaho club formerly used cf primarily for event planning and discusion and the reason why cf is no longer used by the idaho bombers.

both these sites got big. and greedy. i have nothing to do with them and voice my opinion publicly, often.
Last edited by MUDDY on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 D-350 dually
90 W-250

FOR IDAHO EVENTS WATCH
MUDDY
Administrator

Postby Richie O » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Exactily why bigger is not better. I belong to Maine Antique Tractor club and the club has suffered from growing pains. The northern part of the state left and made there own club and half of the rest of the members are threatining to quit and start there own club. I hate pissing matches and this place seems to have very few. :D
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby peobryant » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:59 pm

That really makes me rethink DTR. Richie is right, bigger isn't always better. It is nice to not have to watch what you say over here, and I hope it stays thay way.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:28 pm

I just posted more on the CF thing in the other thread about TDR.
Muddy, sorry to hear about the Idaho thing. It sounds like an Andy thing to do.

I like it here. I don't cross over the line too far too often, and I haven't been swatted for it. On TDR I'm not as smart mouthed, which is ok, but I'm not low key either. On DTR, I don't post much, just because of the nazi. I need to look stuff up every now and again, and don't wanna get banned.

I love this place! Thanks Dave!

:2cool:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I was reading a thread on the DTR where someone referred to a Duramax as a DirtyMax. I checked the thread a day later and instead of saying DirtyMax, the mods changed it to edit Duramax. I never thought DirtyMax offended anyone, especially on a Cummins only website...
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Next

Return to 1st Gen.org suggestions